Monday, July 23, 2007

Too Tired

Accomplishments:
I've been walking everyday.
I'm trying to be in the Word everyday, but not quite making it everyday.
I feel I'm eating slightly healthier.
I'm getting Eli on a schedule.

Felt Defeats: (I know I'm not defeated, just feel that way)
I haven't slept more than 3 hours at a time in 8 1/2 months.
YUCK

Sleep Training. I walked to the Library this weekend and checked out 5 books and a video about infant sleeping and how to get your baby to sleep through the night and not need you to fall back asleep when they do wake up. I've read about crying it out, the quick check method (another cry it out solution) and now I'm reading the No Cry Sleep Solution. I like this one the most. We are moving in 6 weeks though, so I don't want to really start anything before we move, and Eli is teething with his 2nd tooth and so it's not a good time anyway. So i'm trying to prepare - getting into good habits. Set nap times, and bedtimes, bed routine, meal times, etc - trying to get his body's clock in line with ours... pray it goes well!

I'm tired, of course, so I gotta go.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Lori, I am convinced that set schedules are what works! It certainly does with Ethan and Hannah.

When you move, will Eli be in his own room? That may make a huge difference too. I think it would be hard if he stirs or wakes up and then can see you...then of course he wants you to soothe him back to sleep.

The Rowley Family said...

Lori,
This is laura rowley... it's been years. i've just bookmarked your blog and will be checking back!
read your post on sleep. i know how important sleep is to a new mommy. hoping you, will and eli are able to get some good rest soon.
Laura

lauren said...

hey, i'm a friend of rhiannon's (from the last dts in pismo) and i stumbled upon your blog. i met you and your sweet eli when everyone came back from outreach, but i don't know that you would remember. anyway, my daughter, elena, is about the same age and if you would like any tips on the whole sleep issue, let me know. maybe i just got lucky, but she sleeps like a champ. i don't want to but in, but i know for me, sometimes i need suggestions, so just let me know!
-lauren