Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Joy

Here's some pictures of our joy - Eli. These are from the 1st of September. Will bought him the camo cap at old navy - it's super cute!





The memorial service was today for our friend Zac. It was really beautiful. A celebration of the life that he lived. He made a serious impact on a lot of people, and inspite of the sorrow we feel at the loss, there is a definate sense of fullness - he did a lot with the 28 years he had. He touched so many, and I know that everyone around him is left with many happy and meaningful memories.

There were a lot of babies at the service too. There is something sweet about new life being around during times of loss. It really helps put things into place. For every season you know? A time to live and a time to die.

I'm just very thankful this evening. I'm thankful for my family, for my husband, for my son. I'm thankful for life, for the time we are given and for the things God allows us to do. We are blessed. And to think that this is not the end, death is not the end for us and how beautiful is that!

Being with Jesus for eternity is what we have to look forward to. And that is a whole other blog.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow...Eli is really growing! Good to see updated pics!

H. said...

Hi Lori,
I love the updates on you guys. Sounds like things are going ok (I read Will's today) so awesome that you're in a house and things are well. Hope you have an awesome weekend... and thanksgiving (for the Canadian in you....)