Saturday, March 8, 2008

4 months pregnant

I love being pregnant. I really do. I love feeling the baby move inside. I love thinking about how it's so weird that I have something growing inside my body that isn't actually part of my body. It's really weird. I love having my belly grow and having people know I'm expecting. And at 4 months, I even love maternity clothes. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe, and who doesn't like that! By 9 months I won't love them, I'll hate them, and I won't love my big belly - I'll be really sick of it. But 4 months is good, everything is good.
And I'm a lucky girl because I haven't had any sickness with both my pregnancies. I felt a bit nauseous in the beginning, but now, nothing. I think I get some pretty bad headaches, but I can take Tylenol, so it's not that bad. I know I am very blessed with such easy pregnancies.
At 4 months though you start feeling pregnant. I can feel the little flutter movements which is so amazing, but I also feel my hip ligaments stretching and my stomach muscles stretching already too. At the end of the day my body is sore already! I can't wait to get into my pj pants (even out of the stretchy maternity ones) so that my belly has room to breath! My lower abdomen muscles feel like they are getting a tough workout carrying around my baby bump all day - and I'm not even that big yet! Just fun signs of what is yet to come. I am so excited though. Even with all the aches my body is telling me about, with more of that also come bigger baby movements (which it's moving right now!) - pretty soon people will be able to feel it from the outside. And even farther along we'll be able to watch as it somersaults in my tummy - that's pretty trippy watching an elbow slide across your stomach. And in 2 long weeks we will hopefully get to find out what the gender is! It seems like forever but I know it will go so fast. I'm so impatient to know who is joining our family!
So, I'm doing good. Excited and physically exhausted, but really good. One of these days I'll have to start taking belly pictures like I did with Eli. Looking back on them I don't feel they are that flattering, but it's fun to have a record of these special times in life.
I need to go put on my pj's now... :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I agree. I wanna see your baby belly!

When are you coming back for a visit?

H. said...

Hi Lori, love the updates... I'm sure pregnancy is an incredible and incredibly strange experience. Your writing reminded me of a recent staff meeting I had sitting beside a very pregnant co-worker... the baby was putting on a show it was so funny (and so much better than the staff meeting... lol) Blessings on you, glad you are healthy and enjoying!