Monday, April 23, 2007

Ear Infections


Eli has an ear infection - it's really sad. He is such a happy baby, even when he is hacking up a lung he tries to smile! It's sweet. Today he had two coughing spells that were really bad. Wheezing, coughing, crying, choking up stuff - it was really horrible. He couldn't breath through his nose, so he couldn't eat and that made him really frustrated! We finally took him to an after hours pediatrician tonight and he said he has an ear infection and that his cold has worked its way into his lungs... so now he's on antibiotics and two inhalers - well, one is for really bad times, so it's only when necessary.

I really liked the doctor though. He was from Ireland -or Scotland (I know they are very different) -but he was kind and I felt like he took me seriously unlike the other doctor we took him to. I really don't like having a sick kid though.

We also went and got our family pics done today at the superstore - it went pretty well considering Eli was sick. We didn't get the really big grins he is famous for, but there were some pretty cute shots. I'll post them when I can get them onto the computer....

I have to go to bed now though - I'm really tired.

1 comment:

Scooby said...

Ear infections are the worst. :( I pray he gets better soon, not only for his sake, but for your's too!